Welfare and Institutions Code Section 781 permits persons who acquired records as juveniles to “Petition” the juvenile court to have those records sealed.

Information and the forms On “How to ask the Court to Seal your Records” is located online.  You can access the information: here and the form here.

Information and documents to initiate this record sealing process are available from the San Bernardino County Juvenile Probation Department located at 150 West 5th Street, San Bernardino, CA 92415.

Case Retention

Unless the court determines otherwise, juvenile court records shall be ordered destroyed five years after sealing, or when a dependent reaches the age of 28 or a ward reaches the age of 21 or 38. (Welfare and Institutions Code § 389(c), 781(d), 826)