Civil Settlement Conference
SUPERIOR COURT ANNOUNCES CIVIL SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE WEEK FOR FALL 2018 SAN BERNARDINO, CA
The Superior Court of San Bernardino County will host a Civil Settlement Conference Week from Monday, October 29, 2018 through Friday, November 2, 2018.
The Civil Settlement Conference Week seeks to assist litigants in resolving their civil cases prior to trial. In partnership with volunteer attorneys throughout the county, the court will set settlement conferences during this week-long event. Settlement conferences are an excellent alternative to trial and allow all parties to reach a mutually beneficial resolution.
Any party in a pending civil action that is interested in participating, but has not yet received notice of a settlement conference date, should contact the court’s civil clerk’s office at (909) 708-8678 to schedule a conference during this week.
All parties are advised of the following requirements in order to fully prepare for the settlement conference. Upon receiving your Notice of Hearing:
- Briefs must be submitted five (5) days prior to each scheduled settlement conference and must be filed in the department
- All persons with settlement authority must be present (i.e., plaintiff, trial counsel, insurance company representatives, etc.)
- All discovery must be completed prior to settlement conference (with the exception of expert depositions)
- At least one party to the action must be represented by counsel in order to participate.
- Any parties wishing to participate, but not ordered to attend, must have consent of all parties.
For a complete list of requirements, please refer to Local Rule 601-621. For questions and additional information call (909) 521-3414.